Framlingham is an ancient English market town characterised by its handsome market square, historic buildings, and narrow streets. The Town was first granted a market in 1285; it’s traded weekly, on Tuesday and Saturday, ever since. The magnificent Framlingham Castle overlooks the town.
Our site is at the southern end of Framlingham, adjacent to another recent development, and facing the beautiful Suffolk countryside.
We’re working with the landowner, multi-award winning architect Pollard Thomas Edwards, and planning consultancy Rural Solutions on a proposal for up to 49 new Custom and Self-Build homes. Landscape design is by Collington Winter and includes new public open space and a new neighbourhood play area, ecological enhancements, new native trees and hedges, and improvements to footpaths and drainage.
We’re also committed to upgrading Victoria Mill Road, leading to the site, to improve safety and access for pedestrians and vehicle users.
In Framlingham, we want to create a legacy of high-quality, affordable, and sustainable homes.
We will do this by:
- Creating a great place to be in which feels like part of Framlingham
- Providing choice and diversity in the homes we offer
- Enabling people to build beautiful, efficient houses
- Providing people-friendly streets and open spaces.
As a Custom and Self-Build development, the exact design of each new home will be influenced by the homeowner, although tightly controlled by a Design Code. The Design Code, which is an approved planning document, sets the ‘rules’ that ensure there is a good balance of design coherence and individuality, whilst building on the things which make Framlingham special.
Our development will:
- Deliver up to 49 new Custom and Self-Build homes, including 17 affordable homes which increase housing choice in the town
- Be designed to be sympathetic and complimentary to the existing rich character
- Create a fantastic new open space and landscape for local people to enjoy
- Provide a large new neighbourhood play area for use by the whole community
- Enhance existing hedgerows and introduce new native trees increasing local biodiversity
- Improve drainage on site through sustainable and attractive landscape features such as ponds and swales
- Make improvements to Victoria Mill Road, introduce new footways and crossings making the area safer, easier to use, and more accessible
- Respond to the climate emergency with environmentally sustainable new homes and landscape design
- Positively contribute to local life by encouraging residents to be actively involved in their neighbourhood
- Create a sustainable community for the long-term.
We want to hear from you
If you have any questions about the scheme or would like to provide your feedback, please get in touch via the Contact us section of our website.
If you’d like to register your interest in this, or any of our projects, please fill out a form here.
We consulted on our proposals for Framlingham in July 2020. You can read our response to the most frequently asked and important questions raised during the consultation and view the planning application on East Suffolk Council’s website.
If you’re interested in finding out more about Custom and Self-Build in the area, and to sign up to the register to get notified when plots become available, follow the link below to East Suffolk Council’s website.