Child Okeford is a picturesque village in the heart of the North Dorset countryside. Our site is at the northernmost tip of the settlement, bordering one of the village’s two conservation areas and within easy reach of the multitude services and facilities Child Okeford has to offer.
We’re working with the landowner, multi-award winning architect Pollard Thomas Edwards, and planning consultancy Rural Solutions on a proposal for new Custom and Self-Build homes. Landscape design is by Collington Winter and includes new public open space with integrated play, ecological enhancements and new native trees and hedges, and improvements to footpaths and drainage.
Our aim is to create high-quality new homes strongly influenced by the character of the village and to enhance and maintain the positive characteristics that make the area special.
As a Custom and Self-Build development, the exact design of each new home will be influenced by the homeowner, although tightly controlled by a Design Code. The Design Code, which will be part of our planning application, sets the ‘rules’ that ensure there is a good balance of design coherence and individuality, whilst building on the existing unique and special character of Child Okeford.
Our proposed development will:
- Deliver new Custom and Self-Build homes, including affordable homes, which increase housing choice in the village
- Be designed to be sympathetic and complimentary to the rich village character
- Create a fantastic new open space and landscape for local people to enjoy
- Provide a new play area
- Enhance existing hedgerows and introduce new native trees increasing local biodiversity
- Improve drainage on site through sustainable and attractive landscape features such as ponds and swales
- Introduce new pathways making the area easier to use and more accessible
- Respond to the climate emergency with environmentally sustainable new homes and landscape
- Positively contribute to village life by encouraging residents to be actively involved in their neighbourhood
- Create a sustainable community for the long-term.
We want to hear from you
If you have any questions about the scheme or would like to provide your feedback, please get in touch via the Contact us section of our website.
If you’d like to register your interest in this, or any of our projects, please fill out a form here.
If you’re interested in finding out more about Custom and Self-Build in the area, and to sign up to the register to get notified when plots become available, follow the link below to Dorset Council’s website.